Home > Stainless Steel Jethete M-152 AMS 5718
Jethete M-152 AMS 5718
AMS 5718 is a specification of Jethete M-152, which is a nitrogen bearing, hardenable martensitic alloy with 12% of chromium. This specification is characterized by high strength at higher temperatures and excellent ductility. Thanks to this, AMS 5718 is an excellent choice for parts that are used as structural components, such as discs, screws, bolts, and rings.
AMS 5718 is available as bar, forging, ring and tubing. It comes in the annealed state, which means that it can be heat treated further to achieve the desired properties. The annealing method used is the following:
- The part is heated to the temperature of 1276° F (691° C) and kept for six hours. Then, it is air cooled to room temperature.
This specification shows excellent machining properties and can be easily bent, drawn or spun in its annealed state. AMS 5718 can also be easily forged with the following treatment:
- Preheat to 1400-1450° F (760-788° C).
- Superheat to 2050-2102° F (1121-1150° C).
- Cool to 1450° F (788° C) and start forging.
After forging, follow the next instructions:
- Cool to 212° F (100° C).
- Quick anneal at 1256-1292° F (680-700° C).
- Air cool to room temperature.